Animal Farm - Collins Classics
by ORWELL, GEORGE
- Brand New
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
4 Copies Available from This Seller
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Animal Farm is a dystopian novella by George Orwell. Published in England on 17 August 1945, the book reflects events leading up to and during the Stalin era before World War II. Orwell, a democratic socialist and a member of the Independent Labour Party for many years, was a critic of Joseph Stalin and was suspicious of Moscow-directed Stalinism after his experiences with the NKVD during the Spanish Civil War.
George Orwell is an author everyone must have the experiencing of reading. In this short novel, Orwell satirically criticises the Russian Revolution as well as other forms of government in the portrayal of animals to overthrow the human owner of a farm and begin to outline rules they must live by to be happy and free. This text covers topics of betrayal, leadership, honesty, and dishonesty. Orwell has always been ahead of his time, and this text exemplifies that in his advanced understanding of human behavior. I would say this is a must read, especially for those interested in politics and philosophy. Great book.
This book is absolutely wonderful. It is a fantastic read for many audiences that holds a strong historical meaning.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Books WorldWide Express
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Return address: Sharonda Watts, 5701 Martin St Lot 1, Fort Worth, TX76119, USA.
About the Seller
About Books WorldWide Express
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
This Book’s Categories
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Region British Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Literary Studies Literary Criticism
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy