Animal Farm: A Novel
by Orwell, George; Woodhouse, C. M. (Introduction)
- very good
- Very Good/Good
Rapid River, Michigan, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Animal Farm is a dystopian novella by George Orwell. Published in England on 17 August 1945, the book reflects events leading up to and during the Stalin era before World War II. Orwell, a democratic socialist and a member of the Independent Labour Party for many years, was a critic of Joseph Stalin and was suspicious of Moscow-directed Stalinism after his experiences with the NKVD during the Spanish Civil War.
George Orwell is an author everyone must have the experiencing of reading. In this short novel, Orwell satirically criticises the Russian Revolution as well as other forms of government in the portrayal of animals to overthrow the human owner of a farm and begin to outline rules they must live by to be happy and free. This text covers topics of betrayal, leadership, honesty, and dishonesty. Orwell has always been ahead of his time, and this text exemplifies that in his advanced understanding of human behavior. I would say this is a must read, especially for those interested in politics and philosophy. Great book.
This book is absolutely wonderful. It is a fantastic read for many audiences that holds a strong historical meaning.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- BiblioStax (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Animal Farm: A Novel
- Orwell, George; Woodhouse, C. M. (Introduction)
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- First Book Club Edition
- Harcourt, Brace and Company
- Place of Publication
- 383 Madison Avenue, New York 17
- Date Published
- 12mo - over 6¾" - 7&
Terms of Sale
Satisfaction is guaranteed. Refund will be negotiated and granted for sufficient reason.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Book Club Edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the...
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback. Also...
This Book’s Categories
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Region British Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Literary Studies Literary Criticism
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy