by Orwell, George
- near fine
- Near Fine/Very Good
Portland, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Animal Farm is a dystopian novella by George Orwell. Published in England on 17 August 1945, the book reflects events leading up to and during the Stalin era before World War II. Orwell, a democratic socialist and a member of the Independent Labour Party for many years, was a critic of Joseph Stalin and was suspicious of Moscow-directed Stalinism after his experiences with the NKVD during the Spanish Civil War.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Animal Farm
George Orwell is an author everyone must have the experiencing of reading. In this short novel, Orwell satirically criticises the Russian Revolution as well as other forms of government in the portrayal of animals to overthrow the human owner of a farm and begin to outline rules they must live by to be happy and free. This text covers topics of betrayal, leadership, honesty, and dishonesty. Orwell has always been ahead of his time, and this text exemplifies that in his advanced understanding of human behavior. I would say this is a must read, especially for those interested in politics and philosophy. Great book.
This book is absolutely wonderful. It is a fantastic read for many audiences that holds a strong historical meaning.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Animal Farm
- Orwell, George
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- Harcourt, Brace and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Tipped In
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
This Book’s Categories
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Region British Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Literary Studies Literary Criticism
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy