The Autumn of the Patriarch
by GARCIA MARQUEZ, Gabriel
- very good
- Very good/very good
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Price-clipped. Ex-library, with a sticker on spine, stamp on title page, and paste residue from card pocket inside rear cover. Spine is slightly cocked.
This is a stated first U.S. edition, 5th printing of Garcia Marquez's novel of magical realism.
The Autumn of the Patriarch is a novel written by Gabriel García Márquez in 1975. A "poem on the solitude of power" according to the author, the novel is a flowing tract on the life of an eternal dictator. The book is divided into six sections, each retelling the same story of the infinite power held by the archetypical Caribbean tyrant.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Uncharted Books (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- The Autumn of the Patriarch
- GARCIA MARQUEZ, Gabriel
- Book Condition
- Used - Very good
- Jacket Condition
- very good
- Quantity Available
- First American Edition
- Harper and Row
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Uncharted Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Refers to a state where the spine of a book is lightly "twisted" in such a way that the front and rear boards of a book do not...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Publisher's cloth
- A hardcover book comprised of cloth over hard pasteboard boards. ...
- Deckle edge
- Deckle edge is the feathered edge of a page. Traditionally and historically, this was a side effect of the process of making...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....