by Sagan, Francoise
- Near Fine with no dust jacket
Palatine, Illinois, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Bonjour Tristesse (in English, Hello Sadness) is a novel by Françoise Sagan. Published in 1954, when the author was only eighteen, it caused an overnight sensation. The title is derived from a poem by Paul Éluard, "À peine défigurée," which begins with the lines "Adieu tristesse/ Bonjour tristesse... " The 1958 film Bonjour Tristesse featured Geoffrey Horne, Deborah Kerr, Jean Seberg and David Niven as the lead actors. The music was composed by Georges Auric.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Round Table Books, LLC (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Bonjour Tristesse
- Sagan, Francoise
- Hard Cover
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine with no dust jacket
- First American Edition. Eighth Printing
- E P Dutton and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Literature, novels, Mystery, Adventure, Romance, Suspense
Terms of Sale
Round Table Books, LLC
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Any book may be returned in the same condition within 30 days of receipt for a full refund.
About the Seller
About Round Table Books, LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback. Also...