The Catcher in the Rye (1951)
by Salinger, J. D
- Very Good+ in Very Good- dust jacket
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Published in 1951, The Catcher in the Rye has become a common part of high school and college curricula throughout the English-speaking world and has been translated into all major languages. Since its publication with a $3.00 sticker, it has reportedly sold more than 65 million copies. The novel's antihero, Holden Caulfield, has become a cultural icon for teenage rebellion. Due to its liberal use of profanity and portrayal of sexuality and teenage angst, it has frequently been met with censorship challenges in the United States making it one of the most challenged books of the 20th century.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Book Gallery // Mike Riley (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- The Catcher in the Rye (1951)
- Salinger, J. D
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Very Good- dust jacket
- Little, Brown and Company
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- *Book Gallery Catalog*; Literature;
Terms of Sale
Book Gallery // Mike Riley
About the Seller
About Book Gallery // Mike Riley
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- Book Club Edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the...