EIGHT CABINET CARDS OF THE CHICAGO'S WORLDS FAIR
- See description
Covina, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Unique collection of amateur photographic images taken at the World's Columbian Exposition, also known at the Chicago World's Fair, staged in 1893 to celebrate the 400th anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the New World in 1492. Shown in the images are Fisheries Building, Mac Monies Fountain, the Illinois State Buildings, and more. One image shows a sign for an attraction on the Midway. For 10 cents, visitors could see "one girl from every civilized nation in the world." Another image shows crowds of people filling the walkways and is captioned: "From 'Golden Door' of Transportation Building to Liberal Arts showing rear of 'Mines and Mining' and of 'Electricity.'".
See this item at the Rare Books LAX live book fair, October 14-16 at The Proud, just minutes from LAX. For more details and tickets, visit: www.RareBooksLA.com
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Johnson Rare Books & Archives (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- EIGHT CABINET CARDS OF THE CHICAGO'S WORLDS FAIR
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Americana, Chicago, Illinois, World's Fair, Columbian Exposition, Albumen Photographs, Cabinet Cards, BIBLIO-LIVE-4
Terms of Sale
Johnson Rare Books & Archives
As proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America, we uphold our association's code of ethics. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, all items are returnable within ten days of delivery. Materials must be returned in the same condition as sent. If you have any questions or concerns, simply call us to discuss.
About the Seller
About Johnson Rare Books & Archives
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc....
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year