In evil hour
by MARQUEZ, Gabriel Garcia
- See description
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Evil Hour (La mala hora) is a novel by Colombian writer Gabriel García Márquez, first published (in an edition disowned by the author) in 1962, republished in 1966, and translated into English by Gregory Rabassa in 1979. Written while García Márquez lived in Paris, the story was originally entitled Este pueblo de mierda (This Town of Shit or This Shitty Town). Rewritten, it won a literary prize in Colombia, and was an important early success for the future Nobel Prize-winning author.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Rootenberg Rare Books & Manuscripts (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- In evil hour
- MARQUEZ, Gabriel Garcia
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- FIRST EDITION
- Harper & Row, Publishers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Literature, 20th century, modern first edition, first edition, fiction, magical realism, nobel, american imprints
Terms of Sale
Rootenberg Rare Books & Manuscripts
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Rootenberg Rare Books & Manuscripts
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....