In Evil Hour
by Marquez, Gabriel Garcia
- Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Evil Hour (La mala hora) is a novel by Colombian writer Gabriel García Márquez, first published (in an edition disowned by the author) in 1962, republished in 1966, and translated into English by Gregory Rabassa in 1979. Written while García Márquez lived in Paris, the story was originally entitled Este pueblo de mierda (This Town of Shit or This Shitty Town). Rewritten, it won a literary prize in Colombia, and was an important early success for the future Nobel Prize-winning author.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Good Books In The Woods (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- In Evil Hour
- Marquez, Gabriel Garcia
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- First Edition; First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Harper & Row
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Good Books In The Woods
About the Seller
About Good Books In The Woods
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...