Fahrenheit 451 (With A New Foreword By Ray Bradbury For This Edition)
by Bradbury, Ray; Color Frontispiece And Fold-Out Plates By Joseph Mugnaini
- Near Fine Book/Slipcase
Pasadena, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fahrenheit 451 (Ballantine Books, 1953) by Ray Bradbury is a dystopian novel that presents a future American society in which the masses are hedonistic and critical thought through reading is outlawed. Written in the early years of the Cold War, the novel is a critique of what Bradbury saw as issues in American society of the era. Bradbury combined two of his early short stories, "The Pedestrian" and "Bright Phoenix," into The Fireman, a novella published in the February 1951 issue of Galaxy Science Fiction. Bradbury's publisher at Ballantine Books then suggested that he expand the work to make into a novel—Fahrenheit 451.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Arroyo Seco Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Fahrenheit 451 (With A New Foreword By Ray Bradbury For This Edition)
- Bradbury, Ray; Color Frontispiece And Fold-Out Plates By Joseph Mugnaini
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine Book
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- First Edition Thus 1st Printing
- The Limited Editions Club
- Date Published
- SCIENCE FICTION General
- Bookseller catalogs
- Rare And Unusual Books; Fine Printing and Private Presses; "Literature: Science Fiction;
Terms of Sale
Arroyo Seco Books
Payment by credit card, check, PayPal or, for orders over $1000, by bank transfer. US Shipping by USPS media mail, at standard rate shown, but large or heavy items may require additional postage. Shipments valued over $200 may be sent with insurance, and/or with signature confirmation required. International shipments sent only by insured USPS mail (Priority Mail or Priority Express Mail or Express Guaranteed). Shipments to the UK may require additional shipping charges to provide insurance as they lack a nationally insured postal system. Sales within California and many other states are subject to sales tax. International shipments may be subject to Customs duties or fees and/or VAT which are the responsibility of the buyer. Postage will not be refunded for unaccepted packages; please review your order for correct addressing.
About the Seller
About Arroyo Seco Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Indicates that the affected part of the book has been impacted in such a way so as to cause a flattening, indention, or light...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...