Fahrenheit 451 [Signed, Lettered, with a Steadman Lithograph]
by Bradbury, Ray; illustrated by Ralph Steadman
Portland, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
There were 451 copies of this edition, with a special introduction by Bradbury written just for this book. This is one of 52 lettered copies presented in a lovely folding clamshell box for the book and an original signed lithograph, "The Hound", by Ralph Steadman. This is a wonderful pairing of one of the great novels of the second half of the 20th century with one of the best illustrators of adult books of the same era. A fine copy in a fine dust jacket and a near fine clamshell box. This copy is SS of 52, signed by Bradbury and Steadman, with a fine example of the Steadman lithograph in a fine envelope, as issued.
Fahrenheit 451 (Ballantine Books, 1953) by Ray Bradbury is a dystopian novel that presents a future American society in which the masses are hedonistic and critical thought through reading is outlawed. Written in the early years of the Cold War, the novel is a critique of what Bradbury saw as issues in American society of the era. Bradbury combined two of his early short stories, "The Pedestrian" and "Bright Phoenix," into The Fireman, a novella published in the February 1951 issue of Galaxy Science Fiction. Bradbury's publisher at Ballantine Books then suggested that he expand the work to make into a novel—Fahrenheit 451.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Downtown Brown Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Fahrenheit 451 [Signed, Lettered, with a Steadman Lithograph]
- Bradbury, Ray; illustrated by Ralph Steadman
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- Place of Publication
- Los Angeles
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Limited Edition; SF / SCIENCE FICTION;
Terms of Sale
Downtown Brown Books, ABAA
About the Seller
About Downtown Brown Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Clamshell Box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...