Nineteen Eighty-Four 
by Orwell, George [Eric Arthur Blair]
- Fine/Very Good
Las Vegas , Nevada, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 5 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Nineteen Eighty-Four (1984) by George Orwell has become the definitive dystopian novel of the twentieth century. Originally published on June 8, 1949 by Secker and Warburg in the United Kingdom, the book follows the main character, Winston Smith, through his disillusionment with totalitarianism and a doomed struggle of resistance. George Orwell is a pen-name, Orwell's real name was Eric Blair. -
Read More: Identifying first editions of Nineteen Eighty-Four 
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Idler Fine Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Nineteen Eighty-Four 
- Orwell, George [Eric Arthur Blair]
- Michael Kennard
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- 1st Edition
- Secker & Warburg
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Fiction, Literature, Classics, Dystopian, English Literature, Science Fiction.
Terms of Sale
Idler Fine Books
Items may be returned within 30 days of receipt. All our items are guaranteed authentic and in the condition described. If we made an error in our listing, we will pay the return shipping expense. All major credit cards are accepted via biblio.com; we also accept personal checks, money orders, and paypal.
About the Seller
Idler Fine Books
About Idler Fine Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
Frequently asked questions
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Modern First Editions
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Region British Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Literary Studies Literary Criticism
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction