ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
by Ken Kesey
- See description
Pomona, New York, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An international bestseller and the basis for a hugely successful film, Ken Kesey 's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was one of the defining works of the 1960s. This version of the novel is bound with the traditional cover. A mordant, wickedly subversive parable set in a mental ward, the novel chronicles the head-on collision between its hell-raising, life-affirming hero Randle Patrick McMurphy and the totalitarian rule of Big Nurse. McMurphy swaggers into the mental ward like a blast of fresh air and turns the place upside down, starting a gambling operation, smuggling in wine and women, and egging on the other patients to join him in open rebellion. But McMurphy's revolution against Big Nurse and everything she stands for quickly turns from sport to a fierce power struggle with shattering results. With One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest , Kesey created a work without precedent in American literature, a novel at once comic and tragic that probes the nature of madness and sanity, authority and vitality. Greeted by unanimous acclaim when it was first published, the book has become and enduring favorite of readers.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Rare Book Cellar
Payment Methods Accepted Personal Checks, Cashiers Checks, Money Orders, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover card through PayPal.com Shipping and Refunds All items are shipped though the United States Postal Service. All items are returnable, within 10 days of receipt if not as described. If you have any special requests, questions or comments please feel free to contact us. Via Email: Info@rarebookcellar.com Via Phone: 845-512-8229
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The blurb refers to the commentary that appears on the dust jacket flaps or the rear of the dustjacket. In the case of a...
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- First State
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some...
- Price Clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...