In Our Time; Winner Take Nothing; Men Without Women; The Snows of Kilimanjaro; The Fifth Column (Five Volume Matched Set the Short Stories of Hemingway)
by Hemingway, Ernest
- near fine
- Near Fine
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Our Time is the first published collection of Hemingway's short fiction. The book collects several of the author's short stories about American life in the early 1920's, just after WWI. A few of these stories focus on the character Nick Adams. First published in Paris in 1924 by Three Mountains Press under the title in our time - in all lower case - the first state of this work was a set of 18 vignettes and numbered 32 pages in total. Only 300 copies were printed, but due to a printing mistake, only 170 copies were released for sale. Each copy is numbered and bears the statement of limitation that reads "of 170 copies printed rives hand-made paper this is number�". The first American publication was in 1925 by Boni & Liveright. Although this is recognized as the next edition of the same work, it bears substantial differences. Twelve short stories have been added. Sixteen of the eighteen vignettes have been used as short pieces interspersed between the short stories. Two of the original vignettes have been rewritten as the short stories "The Revolutionist" and "A Very Short Story" and the work numbers 136 pages. Hemingway regretted the lowercased title and published this version as In Our Time .
"In Our Time" serves as the perfect introduction to Hemingway, and appropriately so as it was his first release entirely comprised of short stories. It's a quick read (150-200 pages) but nonetheless very powerful.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Good Books In The Woods (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- In Our Time; Winner Take Nothing; Men Without Women; The Snows of Kilimanjaro; The Fifth Column (Five Volume Matched Set the Short Stories of Hemingway)
- Hemingway, Ernest
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Easton Press
- Place of Publication
- Norwalk, Connecticut
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Good Books In The Woods
About the Seller
About Good Books In The Woods
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...