The Rocket Book
by Newell, Peter
- Good+/No DJ Included
Salem, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
By Peter Newell, author of "The Hole Book". The Rocket Book, Harper & Brothers Stated October, 1912 First Printing. USED. GOOD+ CONDITION/ NO DUST JACKET INCLUDED. 7 1/8 X 8 7/8. Seller's Note: Sadly, (no one is sadder than me) the Front paper paste-down label has been removed from cover. Almost no glue remains on gray cloth front board. Gray cloth boards show their age but are not split. Minor corner-bumps. No titling on spine if printed there originally. Pages are all present, in nice shape, and affixed to binding. HOLE-DRILLED straight through the book. SUMMARY: "In this consummately illustrated story, the janitor's mischievous son lights a rocket hidden in the basement of a towering building, a skyscraper by the era's standards, and sends it blasting vertically upward. Each page depicts the ruckus the rocket creates as it rips through the twenty-one floors — through a writer's typewriter, through a taxidermist's prized walrus head, through the silverware drawer as a burglar is about to ransack it ... "etc" RARE IN THIS FIRST PRINTING.
Extended Description and Notes
SUMMARY: "In this consummately illustrated story, the janitor's mischievous son lights a rocket hidden in the basement of a towering building, a skyscraper by the era's standards, and sends it blasting vertically upward. Each page depicts the ruckus the rocket creates as it rips through the twenty-one floors — through a writer's typewriter, through a taxidermist's prized walrus head, through the silverware drawer as a burglar is about to ransack it — until a can of frozen cream extinguishes it at the very top." RARE IN THIS FIRST PRINTING. IMPORTANT SELLER NOTE: Front board paper pastedown in not present.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Mary Riversong Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Rocket Book
- Newell, Peter
- Newell, Peter
- Book Condition
- Used - Good+
- Jacket Condition
- No DJ Included
- Quantity Available
- First Printing Thus.
- Harper & Brothers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 7 1/8 X 8 7/8
- Hole book, Slant book, drilled, novelty, 20th century literature, rare, humor, surprise, rocket, explosion, damage, carelessness, danger, naughty, kids, brats, Americana, antiquarian, Harper and Brothers, Art, Artist, Illustration, Tenement, Apartment, Ur
- Bookseller catalogs
- For Sale; Children's Books; Science Fiction; Art; Americana; Fantasy; Social Sciences; Anthropology; American History; Dogs; Cartooning; Science and Technology; 20th Century Literature; Children's Illustrated Books; Humor;
Terms of Sale
Mary Riversong Books
About the Seller
About Mary Riversong Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
This Book’s Categories
- Children & Juvenile Children’s Fiction & Literature
- Children & Juvenile Children's Age-Range
- Children & Juvenile Children's Illustrated
- Children & Juvenile Young Readers
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year