Seventy-five Years, or The Joys and Sorrows of Publishing and Selling Books at Duttons from 1852 to 1927
by Smith, Henry C
- very good
- Very Good
San Francisco, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York, NY: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1927. Book. Very Good. Hardcover. Signed by Author(s). Limited Edition.. 120 pages, tall 12mo. Scarce. 500 copies of this book were printed from type on Roxhurghe paper, with a hand-colored frontispiece, of which 150 are individually inscribed for presentation. This copy is one of the remaining 350, numbered and signed. This is no.152, signed by Henry C. Smith on copyright page. Printed in Brooklyn on Long Island for Duttons. Shelfwear: scuffing along edges and covers, much chipping and some missing pieces along cover edges. Otherwise, volume is tightly bound with clean and crisp pages. No marks. Volume is in Very Good condition..
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Russian Hill Bookstore (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Seventy-five Years, or The Joys and Sorrows of Publishing and Selling Books at Duttons from 1852 to 1927
- Smith, Henry C
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Limited Edition.
- E.P. Dutton & Co.
- Place of Publication
- New York, NY
- Date Published
- DUTTON'S BOOKS SIGNED NEW YORK
Terms of Sale
Russian Hill Bookstore
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2017
San Francisco, California
Ask Seller a Question
About Russian Hill Bookstore
Russian Hill Bookstore, established in 1974, is one of the last family-owned used and new bookstores in San Francisco. We began as Sunset Bookstore in 1974, a small used bookshop servicing the Sunset District west of 19th Avenue, and have been in continual operation for the past 43 years. Over the years Sunset Bookstore has since closed and merged with Russian Hill Bookstore, which has grown to become also the best note card shop in the city, and a favorite place for toys and games for children of all ages.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- The double leaves bound into a book at the front and rear after ...
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback. Also...
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been...