Der Tod in Venedig. Novelle. - [ONE OF 100 COPIES OF THE FIRST EDITION]
by MANN, THOMAS
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1912. München, Hyperion Verlag Hans von Weber, 1912. 4to. Bound uncut in a very nice, exquisite full morocco binding with five raised bands, gilt title and single gilt lines to spine. A single gilt line-border to boards. Top edge gilt. Minor wear along hinges. Internally very nice and clean, with only a few occasional very minor light brown spots. Printed on thick, heavy paper (Büttenpapier) with watermarks. With the bookplate of "Feuerbacher Heide" to inside of front board. The very scarce first edition, nr. 32 of 100 copies, of Thomas Mann's disturbing masterpiece, probably the most famous story of obsession ever written. "The Death in Venice" is considered one of the most important literary productions of the 20th century. This first edition of the book was printed in merely 100 copies, which are all numbered. In 1913 the first trade edition appeared.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Herman H. J. Lynge & Son (DK)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Der Tod in Venedig. Novelle. - [ONE OF 100 COPIES OF THE FIRST EDITION]
- MANN, THOMAS
- Book Condition
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Herman H. J. Lynge & Son
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About Herman H. J. Lynge & Son
Herman H. J. Lynge & Son A/S was founded 1821 in Copenhagen, and has been a member of the Danish Antiquarian Booksellers Association (ABF) and International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB-LILA) since their beginning.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year