True At First Light: A Fictional Memoir
by Ernest Hemingway
- . Mint/Mint
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Both revealing self-portrait and dramatic fictional chronicle of his final African safari, Ernest Hemingway's last unpublished work was written when he returned from Kenya in 1953. Edited by his son Patrick, who accompanied his father on the safari, True at First Light offers rare insights into the legendary American writer. The book opens on the day his close friend Pop, a celebrated hunter, leaves Ernest in charge of the safari camp and news arrives of a potential attack from a hostile tribe. Drama continues to build as his wife, Mary, pursues the great black-maned lion that has become her obsession and Ernest becomes involved with a young African girl whom he supposedly plans to take as a second bride. Increasingly enchanted by the local African community, he struggles between the attraction of these two women and the wildly different cultures they represent. Spicing his depictions of human longings with sharp humor, Hemingway captures the excitement of big-game hunting and the unparallel beauty of the landscape. Rich in laughter, beauty and profound insight. True at First Light is an extraordinary publishing event -- a breathtaking final work from one of our most beloved and important writers.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- YJS BOXES OF BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- True At First Light: A Fictional Memoir
- Ernest Hemingway
- Green paper boards, black paper spine, gold lettering
- Book Condition
- Used - . Mint
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- Scribner 07/06/1999. First Edition, First Printing. Full #'s Lin
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Christmas Catalog;
Terms of Sale
YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
If more information is needed about any of our books, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail. We will get back to you in a timely manner.
Terms of sale for YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives improperly or damaged.
YJS BOXES OF BOOKS specializes in Autobiographies and Biographies of the Rich and Famous, First and Signed First Editions, Historical: Non-Fiction and Fiction, People, Places and Things, Modern Mysteries and Thrillers, Rare and Vintage
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Near Mint
- a synonym for Near Fine.
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....