The Variation of Animals and Plants Under Domestication.
by Darwin, Charles
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Variation of Animals and Plants under Domestication is a book written by Charles Darwin that was first published in January 1868. A large proportion of the book contains detailed information on the domestication of animals and plants but it also contains in Chapter XXVII a description of Darwin's theory of heredity which he called pangenesis.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Variation of Animals and Plants Under Domestication.
- Darwin, Charles
- Book condition
- Orange Judd & Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- charles darwin first edition, The Variation of Animals and Plants Under Domestication First Edition
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]