The Well-Tempered Angler
by Gingrich, Arnold
- Very Good in Good dust jacket
Moab, Utah, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Alfred A. Knopf. Very Good in Good dust jacket. 1965. First Edition. Hardcover. Mylar-wrapped cream dust jacket with black, green, blue, and yellow text to front and spine, and color illustration of a fisherman in a creek to front; not price-clipped; light age toning; spine heavily toned, text not faded; red cloth boards with blind stamped willow branch illustration to front; gilt stamped lettering and black stamped willow illustration and border to spine; yellow top edge and deckled fore-edge of text block; small water stain to bottom right corner of front board; bottom corners slightly rubbed; else clean; previous owner inscription on front paste-down; else interior book clean; tight binding; numerous B&W illustrations throughout. Arnold Gingrich (1903 - 1976) was the co-founder and editor of Esquire magazine; he was also an accomplished violinist and avid fly fisherman, authoring several books on the subject. The Well-Tempered Angler is both a how-to manual and a reflection on fishing life. ; B&W Illustrations; 8vo 8" - 9" tall; 330 pp .
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Back of Beyond Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Well-Tempered Angler
- Gingrich, Arnold
- Groth, John
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good in Good dust jacket
- First Edition
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Fly Fishing, Angling
Terms of Sale
Back of Beyond Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2022
Ask Seller a Question
About Back of Beyond Books
Located in the heart of the desert southwest Back of Beyond Books is an indie bookstore in Moab, Utah. The name of the store was drawn from one of Edward Abbey's most well-known fiction titles, The Monkey Wrench Gang. We specialize in natural history, environmental literature, southwestern guidebooks & maps, Native American books, and Western history. But we also carry a wild assortment of fiction, science, philosophy, current affairs, rare books, and generally other cool stuff.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year