You Only Live Twice
by FLEMING, Ian
- See description
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition, first printing (with "First published 1964".) Small octavo (7 3/8 x 4 7/8 inches; 188 x 124 mm). 255,  pp.
Original full black cloth-patterned paper over boards,. Top board blocked in gilt with Japanese characters (reading "you only live twice"). Spine lettered in silver with silver Cape logo at foot. Light brown wood-grain patterned endpapers. Small tape residue on endpapers. Some foxing to text block edge. Binding slightly skewed. Dust jacket by Richard Chopping, using a wraparound piece of artwork for the first time. Light sunning and small hole to jacket spine. Light foxing to back panel of jacket. Still a near fine copy.
"You only live twice: Once when you are born, and once when you look death in the face." After Basho, Japanese Poet, 1643-94.
Bond, a shattered man after the death of his wife at the hands of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, has gone to pieces as an agent, endangering himself and his fellow operatives. M, unwilling to accept the loss of one of his best men, sends 007 to Japan for one last, near-impossible mission. But Japan proves to be Bond's downfall, leading him to a mysterious residence known as the 'Castle of Death' where he encounters an old enemy revitalized. All the omens suggest that this is the end for the British agent and, for once, even Bond himself seems unable to disagree...
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Heritage Book Shop, LLC
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Heritage Book Shop, LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- Text Block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book....
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Modern First Editions
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Region British Fiction
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Thrillers
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Suspense
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Spy & Espionage James Bond
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery Crime Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery Detective Fiction
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year