Animal Farm: The dystopian classic reimagined with cover art by Shepard Fairey (Penguin Essentials, 94)
by Orwell, George
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
GORING BY SEA, West Sussex, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Animal Farm is a dystopian novella by George Orwell. Published in England on 17 August 1945, the book reflects events leading up to and during the Stalin era before World War II. Orwell, a democratic socialist and a member of the Independent Labour Party for many years, was a critic of Joseph Stalin and was suspicious of Moscow-directed Stalinism after his experiences with the NKVD during the Spanish Civil War.
George Orwell is an author everyone must have the experiencing of reading. In this short novel, Orwell satirically criticises the Russian Revolution as well as other forms of government in the portrayal of animals to overthrow the human owner of a farm and begin to outline rules they must live by to be happy and free. This text covers topics of betrayal, leadership, honesty, and dishonesty. Orwell has always been ahead of his time, and this text exemplifies that in his advanced understanding of human behavior. I would say this is a must read, especially for those interested in politics and philosophy. Great book.
This book is absolutely wonderful. It is a fantastic read for many audiences that holds a strong historical meaning.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- World of Books Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Animal Farm: The dystopian classic reimagined with cover art by Shepard Fairey (Penguin Essentials, 94)
- Orwell, George
- Book Condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity Available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Penguin Books
- Place of Publication
- This edition first published
Terms of Sale
World of Books Ltd
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply email email@example.com and we will quickly resolve any issues you may have. If you have any other queries about your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our goal is to deliver to our customers the best possible service and we hope your experience of dealing with us lives up to our promise. If for whatever reason we fail to meet your expectations then please let us know.
About the Seller
About World of Books Ltd
- Wob: Through Wob, we sell. We provide affordable, preloved books and media to customers all over the world. A book leaves our collection of over seven million titles and begins a new chapter every two seconds, enabling more goods to be reused.
- Ziffit: Through Ziffit, we buy. We give people around the world the opportunity to contribute to the circular economy, earn money and protect the planet, by trading their unwanted books and media.
- Shopiago: Through Shopiago, we help others. By sharing the technology that has grown World of Books Group into the business it is today, we're helping charities increase revenue and reduce waste through re-commerce.
This Book’s Categories
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Region British Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Literary Studies Literary Criticism
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy