The Catcher In the Rye
by Salinger, J. D.; Michael Mitchell Dustjacket, With Photo By Lotte Jacobi
- Near Fine Book/Fine Dustjacket
Pasadena, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Published in 1951, The Catcher in the Rye has become a common part of high school and college curricula throughout the English-speaking world and has been translated into all major languages. Since its publication with a $3.00 sticker, it has reportedly sold more than 65 million copies. The novel's antihero, Holden Caulfield, has become a cultural icon for teenage rebellion. Due to its liberal use of profanity and portrayal of sexuality and teenage angst, it has frequently been met with censorship challenges in the United States making it one of the most challenged books of the 20th century.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Arroyo Seco Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Catcher In the Rye
- Salinger, J. D.; Michael Mitchell Dustjacket, With Photo By Lotte Jacobi
- Black Cloth
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine Book
- Jacket Condition
- Fine Dustjacket
- Quantity Available
- First Edition (stated) 1st Printing
- Little, Brown & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 8 1/8" Tall
- Bookseller catalogs
- Rare And Unusual Books; Literature: Twentieth and Twenty-First Century;
Terms of Sale
Arroyo Seco Books
Payment by credit card, check, PayPal or, for orders over $1000, by bank transfer. US Shipping by USPS media mail, at standard rate shown, but large or heavy items may require additional postage. Shipments valued over $200 may be sent with insurance, and/or with signature confirmation required. International shipments sent only by insured USPS mail (Priority Mail or Priority Express Mail or Express Guaranteed). Shipments to the UK may require additional shipping charges to provide insurance as they lack a nationally insured postal system. Sales within California and many other states are subject to sales tax. International shipments may be subject to Customs duties or fees and/or VAT which are the responsibility of the buyer. Postage will not be refunded for unaccepted packages; please review your order for correct addressing.
About the Seller
About Arroyo Seco Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Second State
- used in book collecting to refer to a first edition, but after some change has been made in the printing, such as a correction,...
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year