The Nonesuch Dickens: Collected Works
by Dickens, Charles
Los Angeles, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Charles Dickens. The Nonesuch Press, London, 1937 - 1939, 23 volumes and a book-form case (titled "Plate"), containing a woodcut plate entitled "Leaving the Old Curiosity Shop," drawn by George Cattermole for Chapman & Hall, Ltd., a print of the woodcut, and letter from Chapman & Hall guaranteeing the plate's authenticity. Edited by Arthur Waugh, Hugh Walpole, Walter Dexter and Thomas Hatton. Limited to 877 copies, a limitation based on the number of illustrations in the first editions of Dickens, where each set received one of the 877 illustration wood or steel blocks. Each volume with the Ex Libris bookplate of Carlotta and Eugene O'Neill. Carlotta's fourth marriage was to O'Neill; his third marriage. O'Neill had instructed his publisher to wait 25 years after his death before publishing Long Day's Journey Into Night, however, Carlotta took the play to another publisher, whereupon it was published less than 18 months after O'Neill died. The play was produced in 1956 on Broadway and won a Pulitzer Prize for O'Neill posthumously. Bold variant buckram binding, leather title plate at spine. In good condition, rubbing.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Owl Creek Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Nonesuch Dickens
- Dickens, Charles
- Bold buckram
- Book Condition
- Used - Good+
- Quantity Available
- The Nonesuch Press
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- nonesuch, limited, dickens, bookplate
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Owl Creek Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2021
Los Angeles, California
Ask Seller a Question
About Owl Creek Books
Vintage & Rare. Finely curated and hand-selected for your reading and collecting enjoyment.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year