In Our Time
by HEMINGWAY, Ernest
- near fine
- Near Fine
Gloucester City, New Jersey, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Our Time is the first published collection of Hemingway's short fiction. The book collects several of the author's short stories about American life in the early 1920's, just after WWI. A few of these stories focus on the character Nick Adams. First published in Paris in 1924 by Three Mountains Press under the title in our time - in all lower case - the first state of this work was a set of 18 vignettes and numbered 32 pages in total. Only 300 copies were printed, but due to a printing mistake, only 170 copies were released for sale. Each copy is numbered and bears the statement of limitation that reads "of 170 copies printed rives hand-made paper this is number�". The first American publication was in 1925 by Boni & Liveright. Although this is recognized as the next edition of the same work, it bears substantial differences. Twelve short stories have been added. Sixteen of the eighteen vignettes have been used as short pieces interspersed between the short stories. Two of the original vignettes have been rewritten as the short stories "The Revolutionist" and "A Very Short Story" and the work numbers 136 pages. Hemingway regretted the lowercased title and published this version as In Our Time .
"In Our Time" serves as the perfect introduction to Hemingway, and appropriately so as it was his first release entirely comprised of short stories. It's a quick read (150-200 pages) but nonetheless very powerful.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Between the Covers- Rare Books, Inc. ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- In Our Time
- HEMINGWAY, Ernest
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity Available
- Boni & Liveright
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- NobelLaureate, Connolly100
Terms of Sale
Between the Covers- Rare Books, Inc. ABAA
All books are first editions unless otherwise noted. All books are returnable within ten days if returned in the same condition as sent. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER, PAYPAL, checks and money orders. New Jersey residents please add 6.625% sales tax. All items guaranteed, all items subject to prior sale. Members ABAA, ILAB. Shipping is $4.50 for Media Mail, $10.00 for Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Tracking is provided for every order. Alternate shipping available by request. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
About the Seller
About Between the Covers- Rare Books, Inc. ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....