Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Absolute masterpiece. The two main characters were never once named. They were referred to as the man and the boy. Ommiting that detail gave an extra sense of dread to help the already dark plot.
It came unannounced, uninvited. Sent to me in a plain box, came a package with some typical care pack items, and one of the most outstanding books I've read in a long time, "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy. My sister sent it because she had heard it was well recieved. Well recieved is an understatement. "The Road" is not simply a book, it's an experience. A post-apocalyptic story of a man and his son, truding through the ashen country, towards the coast in hopes of finding some civilization. Some say "The Road" is just another masterpiece to add to his list of fantastic works. I'm not familiar with all of McCarthy's works, but I can attest that it is an incredibly short list in existence, displaying books that leave you changed for weeks after reading the book. I spoke to many who were not necessarily bold readers and even felt a bit disturbed for a while after finishing the book. For those of us who are bold readers, this is intriguing.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- BookRanger (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Road
- McCarthy, Cormac
- Glued binding is square and tight. Block and pages are bright and unmarked. Book appears to be unread.
- Book Condition
- New As New
- Quantity Available
- First Edition thus
- Vintage International
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
This is because we do not buy books blindly in mass purchases. All of our books are hand-picked for such qualities as condition, subject matter, scarcity, and overall appeal. On rare occasions, a book's physical condition may fall below our normal standards, due to scarcity of the particular title or edition. In any case, we make every attempt to use only the descriptive terms which accurately depict the particular book offered for sale.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Movie tie-in
- an edition of a book which is produced in conjunction with a movie which is usually based on the book, often with a cover image...
- Mass Market
- Mass market paperback books, or MMPBs, are printed for large audiences cheaply. This means that they are smaller, usually 4...
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- Number Line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...